Wine Clubs: 50% Off Your First Club Package! ⇒
|Blend:||65% Merlot , 25% Malbec, 10% Cabernet Franc|
|Vineyard:||40 years, 7 ha|
|Aging:||Aged in 95% stainless steel and 5% new barrel for 1 year|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174