Wine Clubs: 50% Off Your First Club Package! ⇒
|Blend:||95% Moscato di Noto, 5% Grecanico|
|Vineyard:||Planted in 1999, .5 ha|
|Aging:||Wine is aged for 6 months on the lees in stainless steel; bottles age for 12 - 14 months as they undergo a second fermentation|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174