2016 Vouvray “Le Portail”Champalou
France | Loire
Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available
It is rather frightening to watch a robustly built, full-grown mountain man approach you brandishing a razor-sharp, foot-long blade. Only when you realize that the knife is destined for the large hunk of speck he wields in his other hand can you turn off your fight-or-flight instincts, settle down, and begin sniffing the crisp white wine that has appeared in front of you.
Manni Nössing has served you his latest vintage of Müller Thurgau, an exotically perfumed elixir with tropical nuances that races across the palate like meltwater rushing down a stony mountainside. This is exactly what you need to complement tender, savory, delicately smoky cuts of artisanally carved local ham.
|Appellation:||Alto Adige – Valle Isarco|
|Vineyard:||6 years, 0.8 ha|
|Aging:||Controlled-temperature fermentation in stainless steel vats lasts 10-12 days|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174
Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol
Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/bpa