Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available ⇒
|Blend:||65% Cab Sauvignon, 25% Merlot, 7% Cab Franc, 3% Petit Verdot|
|Winemaker:||Jean, Pierre, and David Raimond|
|Vineyard:||Planted in 1976, 30 ha|
|Aging:||Wines are aged for 12 months in barrel and 20-24 months in bottle|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174