|Blend:||1/3 Pinot Noir, 2/3 Gamay|
|Producer:||Domaine Robert Chevillon|
|Winemaker:||Bertrand and Denis Chevillon|
|Vineyard:||45 years, .65 ha|
|Aging:||Bottled after approximately 16 months of aging|
Comtesse de Chérisey France | Burgundy | Puligny-Montrachet
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174