2016 Vouvray “Le Portail”Champalou
France | Loire
Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available
This somewhat under-the-radar appellation features Sauvignon’s softer-spoken cousin, Chenin Blanc. More subtle in its fruit expression, it shares the zingy minerality. Chenin is of course a champion of off-dry and sweet wines, but Pascal Janvier’s bone-dry version is another perfect expression of the variety!
|Appellation:||Coteaux du Loir|
|Vineyard:||15 years, 1.4 ha|
|Aging:||Another racking takes place after fermentation, then the wines age for a few more months before bottling|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174
Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol
Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/bpa