Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available
With a base wine that is a minimum of four years old, Cachet Or would be a reserve wine at most Champagne houses. But J. Lassalle isn’t any Champagne house. This is their entry-level and most affordable Champagne. Hand-riddled in the family cellars underneath their winery in the picturesque village of Chigny-les-Roses on the Montagne de Reims, Cachet Or is a rich, luxurious bubbly built around the charming workhorse grape of these hills, Pinot Meunier. We have partnered with Lassalle to bring this Champagne to the US at a price that ensures it can be enjoyed as widely as possible. À votre santé!
|Blend:||1/3 Pinot Meunier, 1/3 Chardonnay, 1/3 Pinot Noir|
|Winemaker:||Chantal Decelle-Lassalle and Angéline Templier|
|Vineyard:||50 years average|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174
Drinking distilled spirits, beer, coolers, wine and other alcoholic beverages may increase cancer risk, and, during pregnancy, can cause birth defects. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/alcohol
Many food and beverage cans have linings containing bisphenol A (BPA), a chemical known to cause harm to the female reproductive system. Jar lids and bottle caps may also contain BPA. You can be exposed to BPA when you consume foods or beverages packaged in these containers. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/bpa