|Blend:||80% Grenache, 20% Syrah|
|Appellation:||Côtes du Rhône|
|Producer:||Maxime François Laurent|
|Winemaker:||Michèle Aubèry-Laurent & Maxime François Laurent|
|Vineyard:||15 - 30 years, 4 ha|
|Aging:||Wine ages for 6 months in stainless steel cuves|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174