Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available
More than your basic sipper, Massimo Benevelli’s Barbera has reached new heights in 2016. Full-bodied, refreshing, and surprisingly profound, here is a red that absolutely shines at table. For fans of older wines, take note of this bargain buy for your cellar—five or ten years will do it no harm at all.
|Vineyard:||25 years, 1.5 ha|
|Soil:||Grey marl and bluish limestone|
|Aging:||Ages 6 months in old barrels, then 6 more months in large Slovenian oak barrels|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174