Though you may search far and wide, you won’t find another Givry blanc with this much class! From a stony, late-ripening hillside parcel 350 meters above sea level, this incredibly elegant and delicious Chardonnay expertly balances fat and minerality. The long, fine, saline finish is exquisitely refreshing and will keep you coming back until the bottle is empty. –Dixon Brooke
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174