Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available
|Producer:||Domaine Roland Lavantureux|
|Vineyard:||40 years average, 2.6 ha|
|Soil:||Clay, Limestone (Kimmeridgian)|
|Aging:||5 to 15% of the wine is aged in new oak, 50 to 60% in barrels that are 3 to 5 years old|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174