|Blend:||95% Sangiovese 5% Cabernet Sauvignon|
|Producer:||Villa Di Geggiano|
|Winemaker:||Andrea & Alessandro Boscu Bianchi Bandinelli|
|Vineyard:||4 - 25 years|
|Soil:||Clay and Limestone and Silt with Galestro rocks|
|Aging:||Wine ages for eighteen months in 500-L French oak barrels (10% new), and then in bottle for another three months before release|
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174