Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available
Ganevat’s broad repertoire also includes a stunning dessert wine. Like Alsace’s greatest late-harvest wines, each berry is selected individually to gather only the most concentrated fruit. Also like the best Alsatian wines, there is a fresh acidity balancing out the lusciousness, making a second glass sound appealing. The aromas found in this glass, however, are unlike anything else you have tasted. Although the nose suggests decadence through brown sugar and candied orange, the perfume is on the whole rather savory. Find out for yourself why I have such difficulty describing it.
Domaine Rousset-Martin France | Jura | Côtes du Jura
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174