Kermit Lynch T-Shirts Now Available
Last released in the 2003 vintage and representing a microscopic percentage of the overall production of Quintarelli Amarone, the Riserva is the finest selection of the cellar and destined for a very long life. Vintage 2007 was easily the vintage of the decade in Valpolicella, as this monumental wine handily attests.
|Blend:||Corvina, Corvinone, Rondinella|
|Appellation:||Amarone della Valpolicella|
|Vineyard:||30 years average|
|Soil:||Limestone and Basalt|
|Aging:||After this fermentation, the wine is racked into large Slavonian oak barrels for seven years|
Giuseppe Quintarelli Italy | Veneto | Veneto IGT
When buying red Burgundy, I think we should remember:
1. Big wines do not age better than light wine.
2. A so-called great vintage at the outset does not guarantee a great vintage for the duration.
3. A so-called off vintage at the outset does not mean the wines do not have a brilliant future ahead of them.
4. Red Burgundy should not taste like Guigal Côte-Rôtie, even if most wine writers wish it would.
5. Don’t follow leaders; watch yer parking meters.
Inspiring Thirst, page 174